Daily Dish the Nugget Markets blog
Fresh to Market USDA CHOICE Seasoned Standing Rib Roast
October 24, 2012
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Remove the plastic wrap and lid from underneath the roasting pan and place rib roast in the oven on the center rack.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes at 500° F.
- Turn the oven down to 200° F and continue to roast for 20-35 minutes per pound or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads:
- •120-125° F for rare
- •130-135° F for medium rare
- •140-145° F for medium
- •150-155° F for medium well
- •160-165° F for well done
- Remove the rib roast from the oven and let rest for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cut the twine holding the bone to the roast, separate the roast from the bone, slice and serve.