Daily Dish the Nugget Markets blog
“Fruit and Veggie Up” program with UC Davis Oct 3, 2015 8:00 AM
Do you Know Why Apples Float? Oct 2, 2015 9:30 AM
Healthful Hummus Oct 1, 2015 11:30 AM
"Adventure Series" Wines Sep 30, 2015 8:00 AM
Grown Globally, Roasted Locally: The Best Beans in Town Sep 28, 2015 2:40 PM
USDA PRIME Rib Roast
October 24, 2012
Follow our simple instructions for a perfectly cooked USDA PRIME Rib Roast!
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked meat may increase your risk of food-borne illness.
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Place rib roast into a roasting pan in the oven on the center rack.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes at 500° F.
- Turn the oven down to 200° F and continue to roast for 20-35 minutes per pound or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads:
- 120-125° F for rare
- 130-135° F for medium rare
- 140-145° F for medium
- 150-155° F for medium well
- 160-165° F for well done
- Remove the rib roast from the oven and let rest for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cut the twine holding the bone to the roast, separate the roast from the bone, slice and serve.