Fresh to Market Turducken or Turducken Breast Roll
November 2, 2012
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place turducken into a roasting pan, cover with foil and place in the oven on the center rack.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400° F.
- Turn the oven down to 325° F and continue to roast for an additional 20-30 minutes per pound or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the turducken reads 165° F.
- Remove foil for the last hour of roasting to brown.
- Example 1: A 20-pound turducken will take approximately 7 hours to reach an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Example 2: A 10-pound turducken breast roll will take approximately 3 hours to reach an internal temperature of 165°.
- Carve and serve.