May 9, 2013
Delight the mom in your life with a beautifully arranged flower bouquet that you create yourself! It’s easy with our step-by-step (or in this case, stem-by-stem) guide. Stop by our floral department for some lovely fresh cut flowers of all kinds and colors, perfect for your Mother’s Day celebration bouquet. Here we’ve used our Supreme Bouquet, on sale at $19.99 each, save $5 each.
- Vase or container filled with water
- Cutting shears or scissors
- Transparent tape
- Your imagination and creativity!
- Fill your vase 2/3 full cool water. Dry around the container.
- Tape off top of vase in grid pattern to make nine spaces.
- Prep your flower stems by removing all leaves that fall below the water line.
- Immediately before placing a flower in the vase, make a fresh diagonal stem cut at an angle to ensure best absorption results.
- Place one or two stems in each of the outer grids, making sure to overlap the base of each stem.
- Fill in center section and add more flowers of varying length, working around the vase.
- If you’re using a variety of different flowers, and you want a natural look, it’s best to place the tallest stem off center in the center grid, slightly to the right or left, working the other flowers off that flower’s position. Also, be sure to vary the height of your blooms, which adds interest and is more pleasing to the eye.
- As you create your bouquet, rotate your vase and view your flowers from all angles.
- Enjoy the beauty!