- Prep time:
- 10 minutes, plus 20 minutes chill time
- Cook time:
- 8-10 servings
1 out of 5
This fresh take on gazpacho makes a refreshing appetizer or first course on a hot summer evening.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped rough
- 1 melon (Tuscan, cantaloupe, honeydew or watermelon), rind removed, deseeded and chopped rough
- ½ cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 shallot, diced fine for garnish
Puree tomatoes, then press the pulp through a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
Puree the melon, cucumber, vinegar and olive oil together in a blender until smooth. Pass through a fine mesh strainer and discard any remaining solids. Fold together melon and tomato purees.
Season gazpacho to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 20 minutes before serving.
Serve cold and garnish with diced shallot and a couple of drops of olive oil.