Chicken Breast Red Curry with Basmati Rice
Featuring World Foods Curry
|Yield:||3 to 4 servings|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Send to a friend!|
|Nugget Signature Recipe|
Here's a quick, simple red curry that anyone can make and everyone will love!
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. World Foods Red Curry Sauce
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, medium diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, medium diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large diced
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 oz. canola oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
1. In a small sauce pot, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
2. Add Basmati rice to boiling water, stirring rice to prevent clumping, then cover, reduce to very low heat and cook for 15 minutes; turn off flame and allow to rest for 5 minutes covered.
3. In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat until oil begins to smoke add diced chicken breast.
4. Sear chicken breast until browned on all sides, then add onion and diced yellow pepper and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Season chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper, add sauce, peas and cauliflower and bring to a simmer.
6. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until cauliflower is tender, then uncover rice and serve with curry.