For years, we at Nugget Markets have been honored to help support the American Red Cross through thick and thin. From wildfire and hurricane relief to our current battle against COVID-19, the American Red Cross makes it their mission to alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies.
The health and safety of our guests and associates has always been our top priority at Nugget Markets. Now more than ever, we’re taking a variety of precautions to help protect our team and communities, which you can learn more about below. Rest assured, no matter the circumstances, we will always be here for you. We truly appreciate your patience and support during these challenging times. We’re all in this together!
Face Covering Policy for Guests & Associates
Based on current CDC recommendations, all Nugget Markets associates are required to wear face masks while on the clock, and are given fresh face masks at the beginning of their shifts. All Nugget Markets guests are also required to wear a face covering, mask or scarf that is covering both nose and mouth while shopping in our stores. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn how to make your own face covering, check out this video from the Surgeon General.
Taking Associates’ Temperatures Daily
We are taking each associate’s temperature every day at the beginning of their shift. If one of our associates is running a fever (above 100°F), then they are sent home immediately (with pay) and cannot return back to work until they have been fever-free for three days. Early detection, social distancing, eating healthy, getting exercise and taking wise preventive measures will get us through this crisis the fastest!
Keeping a safe distance between other guests and associates is highly recommended. To help encourage social distancing during checkout, we have marked the floor at 6-foot intervals near our checkstands and have also installed plexiglass shields at our registers and service counters. Our stores are also monitoring maximum capacity and have marked out waiting areas for any guests who need to wait to enter the store. In addition, our smaller stores have one-way directional arrows to help with traffic flow. Please be mindful of Social Distancing Guidelines, and whenever possible, shop alone and avoid socializing or lingering in the store.
For more information, visit the CDC’s website on COVID-19.
Cleaning & Sanitization Practices
We have implemented a continuous cleaning regimen throughout the day to maximize our stores’ sanitizing and disinfecting efforts. Our check-out areas are disinfected every 30 minutes. Every two hours, all door handles, service counters and all “high-touch” areas in our stores are sanitized with medical-grade disinfectant. As always, our stores go through a rigorous deep cleaning every night.
Read more about How Nugget Markets is Safeguarding Health & Safety.
Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours
To help protect our most vulnerable guests during these difficult times, we have designated temporary shopping hours specifically for guests ages 65+ and those who are at-risk due to health conditions. These dedicated shopping hours are Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6–8 a.m. or 7–8 a.m. depending on store opening times. Please be mindful of those in need and reserve these times for senior citizens and other at-risk members of our community.
Read more about our Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours.
To ensure the best, most well-stocked and cleanest service possible, all of our Sacramento Valley stores are closing at 10 p.m. until further notice. Thank you for understanding!
View your local Nugget Markets’ store hours on our locations page.
To help ensure all our guests are able to find the items they need, we are instigating temporary purchase limits on in-demand products. These products may include but aren’t limited to: toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, eggs, fresh chicken and select cleaning products.
Associate Health & Safety
Our associates are true champions, now and always! To help protect them in this current situation, every associate is given a fresh mask for their shift and we have gloves available, as well. Our Nugget Markets family is watching over one another and if anyone is feeling sick or has a temperature, they are given the direction to go home, rest up and get well. In addition, all of our associates, both full and part-time, have paid sick leave and PTO (personal time off).
Read more about How Nugget Markets is Safeguarding Health & Safety.
Now Hiring Both Temporary & Permanent Positions!
Our hearts go out to all who have lost their jobs due to current conditions. If you or someone you know are looking for employment, we’re hiring and have plenty of positions to fill! Apply online.
Read more about how We’re Here for You, & We’re Hiring.
- Reusable Cups: For the health and safety of our guests and associates, we are eliminating our reusable cup redemption program in our coffee and juice bars. Thank you for understanding!
- Self-Service Foods in our Kitchen: In light of the current situation, all self-serve foods from the hot and cold foods bars in our kitchens are temporarily unavailable. However, our chefs are still preparing plenty of delicious items that are pre-packed and ready to go—find them in our hot or cold bars, and on our deli wall!
- Bulk Bins: In an abundance of caution, we are temporarily eliminating our bulk self-service bins. Pre-packed bulk items and those dispensed without the use of a scoop are still available.
- Makeup Testers: For the health and safety of our guests, makeup and personal care product testers are not available at this time. If you have any questions, please ask an associate for assistance.
- Reusable Bags: To help protect our guests and associates, for the time being we are only using single-use bags (or brand new reusable bags purchased during the transaction) when bagging groceries at checkout. If you would like to use your reusable bags, please keep them in your car. Our checker will put your groceries back in your cart so you can bag them at your car before heading home.
- Secret Special: Due to supply chain constraints, we may not be able to offer a Secret Special every week, but please know we are working hard to do so. You can continue to find our latest deals in our Weekly Specials email, or by visiting the Weekly Specials page of our website.
Useful Resources from Nugget Markets
- Fresh to Market Newsletter: Stay up to date with the latest announcements from our president, Eric Stille, and other updates by signing up for our Fresh to Market e-newsletter.
- Weekly Specials: See what’s on special and get our best deals each week by signing up for our weekly e-ad.
- Aisle Listings: Need help navigating our stores? Check out our online aisle listings! These are mobile-friendly to help you find your way around any of our stores while you shop. Our associates are also always happy to help!