Here at Nugget Markets, we’re taking many precautions to safeguard the health and safety of our guests, associates and communities. Even during “temporary lockdowns” or times of “shelter-in-place,” rest assured, we will always be here for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times. We greatly appreciate your trust and patronage each and every day. We won’t let you down!
Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours
To help protect our most vulnerable guests during these difficult times, we are designating temporary shopping hours specifically for guests ages 65+ and those who are at-risk due to health conditions. These hours will be Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6–8 a.m. or 7–8 a.m. depending on store opening times. Please be mindful of those in need and reserve these times for senior citizens and other at-risk members of our community.
Read more about our Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours.
Cleaning & Sanitization Practices
We have placed maximum emphasis on sanitizing and disinfecting our stores by implementing a continuous cleaning regimen throughout the day. Our check-out areas are disinfected every 30 minutes. Every two hours, all door handles, service counters and all “high-touch” areas in our stores are sanitized with medical-grade disinfectant. As always, our stores go through a rigorous deep cleaning every night.
Read more about How Nugget Markets is Safeguarding Health & Safety.
To ensure the best, most well-stocked and cleanest service possible, all of our Sacramento Valley stores will be closing at 10 p.m. until further notice. Thank you for understanding!
View your local Nugget Markets store hours on our locations page.
Keeping a safe distance between other guests and associates is highly recommended. To help encourage social distancing during checkout, we have marked the floor at 6-foot intervals near our checkstands and have also installed plexiglass shields at our registers. Please be mindful of Social Distancing Guidelines whenever possible. For more information, visit the CDC’s website on COVID-19.
To help ensure all our guests are able to find the items they need, we are instigating temporary purchase limits on in-demand products. These may include but aren’t limited to: toilet paper, water, hand sanitizer, eggs, fresh chicken and select cleaning products.
Associate Health & Safety
Our associates are true champions, now and always! To help protect them in this current situation, our Nugget Markets family is watching over one another and if anyone is feeling sick, they are given the direction to go home, rest up and get well. In addition, all of our associates, both full and part-time, have paid sick leave and PTO (personal time off).
Read more about How Nugget Markets is Safeguarding Health & Safety
Our hearts go out to all who have lost their jobs due to current conditions. If you or someone you know are looking for employment, we’re hiring and have plenty of positions to fill! Apply online.
Read more about how We’re Here for You, & We’re Hiring.
- Self-Service Foods in our Kitchen: In light of the current situation, all self-serve foods from the hot and cold foods bars in our kitchens are temporarily unavailable. However, our chefs are still preparing plenty of delicious items that are pre-packed and ready to go—find them in our hot or cold bars, and on our deli wall!
- Bulk Bins: In an abundance of caution, we are temporarily eliminating our bulk self-service bins. Pre-packed bulk items and those dispensed without the use of a scoop are still available.
- Reusable Cups: For the health and safety of our guests and associates, we are eliminating our reusable cup redemption program in our coffee and juice bars. Thank you for understanding!
- Reusable Bags: To help protect our guests and associates, for the time being we are only using single-use bags (or brand new reusable bags purchased during the transaction) when bagging groceries at checkout.
- Makeup Testers: For the health and safety of our guests, makeup and personal care product testers are not available at this time. If you have any questions, please ask an associate for assistance.
- Secret Special: Due to the limited supply of many products, we are temporarily pausing our Secret Special promotions. You can continue to find our latest deals in our Weekly Specials email, or by visiting the Weekly Specials page of our website. Please know our talented associates are working diligently every day to keep our stores stocked, clean and ready to serve you.
Useful Resources from Nugget Markets
- Fresh to Market Newsletter: Stay up to date with the latest updates from our president, Eric Stille, and other announcements by signing up for our Fresh to Market e-newsletter, delivered every Friday.
- Weekly Specials: See what’s on special and get our best deals each week by signing up for our weekly e-ad, delivered every Wednesday.
- Aisle Listings: Need help navigating our stores? Check out our online aisle listings! These are mobile-friendly to help you find your way around any of our stores while you shop. Our associates are also always happy to help!