It’s official—Nugget Markets has earned a spot on FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 16 years in a row! This year we came in at #24 in the nation, thanks in part to our dynamic culture, world-class benefits, pandemic response and, of course, feedback from our amazing team.
The health and safety of our guests and associates has always been our top priority at Nugget Markets. Now more than ever, we’re taking a variety of precautions to help protect our team and communities, which you can learn more about below. Rest assured, no matter the circumstances, we will always be here for you. We truly appreciate your patience and support during these challenging times. We’re all in this together!
Face Covering Policy for Guests & Associates
As of June 15, 2021, we are no longer requiring guests to wear a mask to enter the store. In keeping with CDC guidelines and County Health Department requirements, we ask that all unvaccinated guests continue to wear masks in our stores. At this time, all Nugget Markets associates will continue to wear masks in keeping with Cal/OSHA requirements.
Keeping a safe distance between other guests and associates is highly recommended. To help encourage social distancing during checkout, we have marked the floor at 6-foot intervals near our checkstands and have also installed plexiglass shields at our registers and service counters. Our stores are also monitoring maximum capacity and have marked out waiting areas for any guests who need to wait to enter the store. In addition, our smaller stores have one-way directional arrows to help with traffic flow. Please be mindful of Social Distancing Guidelines, and whenever possible, shop alone and avoid socializing or lingering in the store.
For more information, visit the CDC’s website on COVID-19.
Cleaning & Sanitization Practices
We have implemented a continuous cleaning regimen throughout the day to maximize our stores’ sanitizing and disinfecting efforts. Our check-out areas are disinfected every 30 minutes. Every two hours, all door handles, service counters and all “high-touch” areas in our stores are sanitized with medical-grade disinfectant. As always, our stores go through a rigorous deep cleaning every night.
Read more about How Nugget Markets is Safeguarding Health & Safety.
Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours
To help protect our most vulnerable guests during these difficult times, we have designated temporary shopping hours specifically for guests ages 65+ and those who are at-risk due to health conditions. These dedicated shopping hours are Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 6–8 a.m. or 7–8 a.m. depending on store opening times. Please be mindful of those in need and reserve these times for senior citizens and other at-risk members of our community.
Read more about our Dedicated Senior Shopping Hours.
Associate Health & Safety
Our associates are true champions, now and always! We are encouraging all associates who wish to be vaccinated to do so by offering a $100 “thank you” bonus for vaccination. As of April 2021, 64% of our entire company has been vaccinated. To help protect our team daily, each associate is given a fresh mask for their shift and we have gloves available, as well. Our Nugget Markets family is watching over one another and if anyone is feeling sick or has a temperature, they are given the direction to go home, rest up and get well. In addition, all of our associates, both full and part-time, have paid sick leave and PTO (personal time off).
Now Hiring Both Temporary & Permanent Positions!
Our hearts go out to all who have lost their jobs due to current conditions. If you or someone you know are looking for employment, we’re hiring and have plenty of positions to fill! Apply online.
Read more about how We’re Here for You, & We’re Hiring.
- Reusable Cups: For the health and safety of our guests and associates, we are eliminating our reusable cup redemption program in our coffee and juice bars. Thank you for understanding!
- Self-Service Foods in our Kitchen: In light of the current situation, all self-serve foods from the hot and cold foods bars in our kitchens are temporarily unavailable. However, our chefs are still preparing plenty of delicious items that are pre-packed and ready to go—find them in our hot or cold bars, and on our deli wall!
- Bulk Bins: In an abundance of caution, we are temporarily eliminating our bulk self-service bins. Pre-packed bulk items and those dispensed without the use of a scoop are still available.
- Makeup Testers: For the health and safety of our guests, makeup and personal care product testers are not available at this time. If you have any questions, please ask an associate for assistance.
- Reusable Bags: Currently Cal/OSHA guidelines don’t allow us to bag into guests’ reusable bags. However, if you do wish to bring reusable bags, our checker will put your groceries back in your cart so you can bag them at dedicated bagging stations.
Useful Resources from Nugget Markets
- Fresh to Market Newsletter: Stay up to date with the latest announcements from our president, Eric Stille, and other updates by signing up for our Fresh to Market e-newsletter.
- Weekly Specials: See what’s on special and get our best deals each week by signing up for our weekly e-ad.
- Aisle Listings: Need help navigating our stores? Check out our online aisle listings! These are mobile-friendly to help you find your way around any of our stores while you shop. Our associates are also always happy to help!