- Prep time:
- 20 minutes
- Cook time:
- 10 minutes
- Serves 6, 2 burgers per guest
2 out of 5
- Turkey Burgers:
- 1¼ lbs. ground turkey
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons mirin rice wine
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- ¼ teaspoon Gourmet Garden Ginger Spice Blend
- ¼ teaspoon GIA Garlic Purée
- ¼ teaspoon Gourmet Garden Lemongrass Herb Blend
- Sprouted Wheat Bread or mini-rolls of choice*
- Miso-Tofu Mayo:
- 1, 14 oz. package silken tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Whisk together mirin, soy, curry and seasonings; add turkey and mix thoroughly, then add panko to bind. Divide turkey mixture into 1-oz. portions, then shape into patties and refrigerate until just prior to cooking.
Prepare Miso-Tofu Mayo. Combine "mayo" ingredients together into a blender, puréeing until smooth. Refrigerate in tightly sealed container; store up to 1 week.
Fry turkey patties in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Spread Miso-Tofu Mayo on top and bottom of bread or roll. Place one patty onto half the bread, top with other half.
*Use sliced Sprouted Wheat Bread by Alvarado Street Bakery as a healthy alternative to traditional rolls. Cut 1½- to 2-inch rounds out of slices and toast lightly in the oven for added crunch.