Recipes Nugget Markets Signature Recipes
Grilled London Broil
- Prep time
- 6 minutes plus marinate time PT6M
- Cook time
- 12 to 16 minutes PT12M
- Serves 4 to 6
We love London broil! It's incredibly flavorful when thoroughly marinated and grilled or placed in a roasting bag with potatoes, carrots, celery and onion to slow cook during winter. Our USDA Choice 100% Natural Fresh to Market Beef London Broil is well-marbled and flavorful - we guarantee it!
- 1, Fresh to Market London Broil (about 1½ to 1¾ pounds)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup peanut oil
- ¼ cup sweet rice wine (mirin)
- ¼ cup red Miso paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Combine first seven ingredients and pour into large plastic storage bag (such as a Ziploc). Drop London Broil into bag, shake to coat each evenly and marinate for a minimum of 3 hours up to overnight. Grill outside over medium coals for about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove from heat immediately, let rest 6 to 8 minutes. Slice thinly, transfer to serving platter and serve topped with toasted peanuts and cilantro.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- coat: to sprinkle food with, or dip it into, egg, flour, chocolate, sauce, etc.
The premier red grape varietal in the world! From Bordeaux to Napa, it produces distinctive wines that are tannic, with long aging potential. Dark cherry, cedar, tobacco and black currant are common flavor descriptors.
This wine is deep in color, high in alcohol, and low in tannin. The Bordeaux Merlot variety is very similar to Cabernet Sauvignon, but softer because it is less tannic. Merlot has aromas and flavors that include blackberry, cassis, baked cherries, plums, chocolate and mocha ... some suggest tea leaves.