- Prep time:
- 20-25 minutes
- Cook time:
- 15-20 minutes
- 4 servings
1 out of 5
- Share this recipe:
Enjoy the ooey, gooey goodness of melted gouda on fresh herbed crostini.
- 1 pound Gouda, cubed
- ¼ cup cornstarch, enough to coat the cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch or Sherry
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 dash of Tabasco
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ sourdough baguette
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Fresh herbs of choice (basil, oregano, sage, rosemary)
Cut gouda into cubes, then toss in a small bowl with cornstarch.
Smash the garlic cloves and rub inside of heavy saucepan; then discard the garlic.
Put saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat and add the white wine, scraping with a wooden spoon to dissolve the garlic residue. Add the cheese to the saucepan and melt; stir to prevent scorching. When melted, add the tomato, basil, Kirsch or Sherry, nutmeg and Tabasco. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with crostini.
Slice sourdough baguette into ¼-inch slices. Melt butter, stir in granulated garlic and herbs and brush or drizzle on the bread slices. Bake at 350°F for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning over once, until golden brown.