- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
This recipe is great for leftover rice and veggies, and fits in perfectly with a plant-based diet!
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces Just Egg (or other egg alternative), shaken
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 2 carrots, small diced
- 2 stalks celery, small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups white rice, cooked and chilled
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2-3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha or chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chiffonade
Heat a small nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. Add sesame oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour Just Egg into the pan and cook until it is completely set as a sheet, then transfer to a cutting board and cut into ½-inch strips. Set aside.
Heat a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the canola oil and just when starting to smoke, add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the cooked rice and toss with the vegetables. Spread into an even layer in the pan and allow the rice to brown slightly. Add the water chestnuts and Just Egg strips, toss to mix and spread in an even layer again. Cook for 30-60 seconds, add the peas and toss to mix.
Season with desired amount of soy sauce and sriracha. Garnish with cilantro to serve.