- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cook time:
- 4 boats
1 out of 5
- Share this recipe:
This is a quick and easy after school snack that you can customize to suit your child’s tastes: We made it with chicken salad, but you can easily substitute egg or tuna salad to please picky eaters. Make the salad portion ahead of time and after-school preparation will be a snap!
- 1 12.5 ounce can Valley Fresh Chicken (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Kraft Buttermilk Ranch
- 1 tablespoon mayo (substitute low fat mayo or yogurt to lighten it up)
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 English cucumber, partially peeled and deseeded
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
To prepare the cucumber: starting at one end, use a vegetable peeler to peel away four strips of skin from the outside of the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half, and then split each half lengthwise, scooping out the seeds with a spoon. Set aside while you prep the chicken salad.
In a mixing bowl, place the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly, making sure to break up any of the larger pieces of chicken. Refrigerate up to one day.
Just before serving, fill the cucumber boats with 1/4 of the chicken mixture and garnish with chopped green onions.