Our twist on an old San Francisco favorite will leave you happy and satisfied with its warm seafood goodness.
- 2 cups yellow onion, medium diced
- ½ cup celery, medium diced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces whole baby clams in juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Dungeness crab, cooked & cleaned
- 6 prawns, 16/20 count
- 6 sea scallops 10/20 count
- 6 PEI mussels
- 6 little neck clams
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large, heavy-bottom Dutch oven, sauté onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Add garlic, tomato paste and half of the parsley and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Deglaze with red wine and bring to a boil. Add diced tomatoes, clams in juice and bay leaf and simmer for 45 minutes. Add seafood, cover and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes or until the clams and mussels open. Discard any unopened or off-smelling shellfish.
Add remaining parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot with crusty bread.