The combination of sweet strawberries, tender young greens, toasty almonds and tangy goat cheese makes for a delightfully bright and simple salad. Mix it up by finishing the salad with any one of these flavor profiles: balsamic vinaigrette, blue cheese dressing, honey-mustard dressing or raspberry dressing.
- 1 5-ounce bag mixed greens
- ½ pint strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped rough
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup salad dressing or vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving about 2 tablespoons each of strawberries, almonds and goat cheese for garnish. Pile the salad high on the plate and top with the remaining ingredients.