Organic Carrot Ginger Soup
|Yield:||Serves 4 to 6|
|Prep time:||5 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Send to a friend!|
|Nugget Quick & Easy Recipe|
This soup has only seven ingredients, but the caramelized onions and chicken stock add deep flavor to the dish without overwhelming the delicate carrots. This soup works chilled or at room temperature, which makes it a great springtime starter.
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 bunches organic baby carrots, sliced into coins
- 1, 32 oz. Imagine Organic Free-Range Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Morton Basset organic ground ginger
- ½ cup Strauss Family Organic cream
- ½ cup Clover Organic Yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Il Casolare Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat a medium pot over medium heat.
Slice the onions radially as thin as you can. Add the olive oil and the onions and begin to caramelize. Stir frequently. When the onions start to brown and smell sweet (this should take 5 to 8 minutes), add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and add the carrots and ginger. Allow to simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the carrots are cooked through. With an immersion blender, puree while slowly adding the cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with a dollop of yogurt as a nice counterpoint to the sweetness.