This traditional, oven-ready roast is made with Heritage Berkshire Pork rolled with garlic and fresh herbs, and comes with a sweet onion marmalade. Follow these easy cooking instructions for a delicious feast!
- Allow porchetta to defrost completely in the fridge for approximately 2 days.
- Before cooking, let porchetta sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly season porchetta with salt, then roast in a deep roasting pan, turning once after 40 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300°F and continue roasting, rotating the pan and turning porchetta occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meat registers 145°F, approximately 1½–2 hours.
- If porchetta skin is not yet deep brown and crisp, increase temperature to 400°F and roast for 10 minutes more, leaving the oven door slightly open.
- Take the roll out when it is golden brown, then let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice roast into ½-inch rounds and serve with Rosemary Sea Salt and Onion Marmalade.