NOTE: Willie Bird Fresh “Free Range” Turkeys are only available in our Marin County Stores.
Willie Bird free-range turkeys are raised in Northern California on an all-natural diet. These broad-breasted turkeys are nationally known for their superior quality, tenderness and taste.
Follow these simple instructions for a perfectly cooked Willie Bird Fresh “Free Range” Turkey.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked meat may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Approximately 1–2 hours prior to roasting, pull turkey out of refrigeration and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place turkey into a roasting pan, breast side up, then place pan in the oven on the center rack.
- Add 2 cups of water to the roasting pan and roast at 325°F for 15-20 minutes per pound, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the breast reads 160ºF.
- Place a piece of foil loosely over the turkey for the last hour of roasting. When the turkey is done, the thickest part of the drumstick will feel soft.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let rest for approximately 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve.