Select your home store…
An Extraordinary Grocery Experience
Savings all week long…
See what’s on sale this week hundreds more items than we can fit in our print ad.
Great meals and amazing deals, including our exclusive Secret Special in your email!
Sixteen locations serving Northern California.
View all of our Nugget Markets, Fork Lift, Sonoma Market and Food 4 Less stores.
Learn about what makes our stores special
A complete listing of what is on every aisle at every store
Wine & Cheese pairings and more in our stores
Keep your eyes peeled for these folks!
Order online, pick up in store!
Best Brunch Ever!
A delicious dinner is as good as done!
“Cake” your party into gear!
Fresh, convenient catering platters.
Perfect pairings packed for your perfect picnic.
Order online, ship where ever you like.
Recipes, pairings, kitchen hacks and more…
Get cooking with hundreds of delicious recipes fit for any occasion
Perfect pairings, kitchen hacks and other tantalizing trivia.
Our house-brand focused on unique products developed with local producers.
Prepared items from our chefs, baristas and bakers.
Specialty and build-your-own sandwiches from our kitchens.
Fresh-baked pizzas offered at select locations.
Coffee, juices, smoothies and açaí bowls from our coffee bar.
Be sure to check out our online catering menu!
Begin your extraordinary career!
Family owned and operated for over 90 years.
How to identify special products in our stores.
Supporting local non-profits and causes since 1926.
Committed to working towards a greener, more sustainable future every day.
Drop us a line, we love hearing from our guests!
Please note that this is an older article. Any products or services pictured or described may have changed or no longer be available. Thank you for visiting!
With a New Year comes a new you… right? This year let’s focus on a few key areas for better health but without the grand plans of dropping “all” those extra pounds or exercising “every day.” These simple tips will get you going on the right track for a healthy year ahead.
- Eating out without overeating. Plan on taking home half the entrée for leftovers or splitting with your dinner date (this also helps save on your food bill).
- Downsize your portions. Rather than omitting favorite foods in an effort to lose weight, give downsizing a try. Shaving off 25% on portions of higher calorie foods such as dressings, sauces, sweets and added fats can make a big impact on total calorie intake, and make a notable change around your waist.
- Try something new. Give new veggies, fruit, grains, beans or other plant-based foods a try. You never know what you will really like and the nutritional variety will be great for your health.
- Use a phone app to stay on track. MyFitnessPal and other smartphone apps help you be realistic about your daily eating and physical activity through tracking technology. These apps (used daily or a day or two at a time) ask you to enter food eaten and time spent doing specific exercises. Research studies show this may help many people lose weight and/or become more consistent with their fitness plans.
- Pick a fun fitness related goal for the year. Enter yourself (and recruit a few friends) for a charity walk or run or maybe your first organized bike ride! This goal will keep you committed to fitness routine as well as doing something positive for the community.
- Allow ample “down time” nightly. Sleep and non-technology time is vital for revitalizing your body and brain. Research shows that restful sleep for 7-8 hours nightly can help avoid stress and even assist in weight control, as too little sleep is associated with overeating and weight gain. And avoiding “screen time,” such as phone or tablet use, an hour before bedtime helps the brain wind down for a more restful sleep.
Need a little help forming your healthy eating and exercise plan? Check out this 21-Day Plan, complete with shopping lists, meal suggestions, recipes and more!