Spring is here and the sun is shining—it’s picnic time! If you’re wondering what to pack in your picnic basket, we’ve got you covered. Our suggested menu includes chef-prepared meats from our kitchen, fresh bread from our bakery and easy recipes for gourmet spreads to make tasty tartines to go, plus side salads and a recipe for delicious dessert. Enjoy!
- Chef-Prepared Diestel Turkey Breast: Locally raised, antibiotic-free and vegetarian-fed boneless turkey breast seasoned with our special blend of herbs and spices and roasted in-house.
- Chef-Prepared Herb Filet Roast: Tender filet mignon roasted with Dijon mustard and freshly chopped chives, garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano and rosemary.
- Asparagus with Pecorino Romano: Tender, steamed asparagus dressed in California-grown extra virgin olive oil and sharp Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Country Potato Salad: A classic picnic favorite made with tender red potatoes, hard–boiled eggs, red onions and a creamy dressing.
- Strawberry & Almond Salad: Mixed baby greens, fresh strawberries, almonds and goat cheese tossed with our homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
- Baguette: Scratch-made and baked fresh daily, our rustic-style baguettes are 20 inches of pure bread deliciousness. Our classic Rustic French Baguette makes an excellent base for homemade tartines, or try our flavor-packed Sourdough Walnut Baguette or Cheddar & Garlic Piccolo.
- Avocado Pesto: This simple avocado pesto recipe makes a delicious spread for tartines stacked with fresh turkey, radishes and microgreens, or your own favorite toppings.
- Roasted Red Pepper & Shallot Spread: This sweet and tangy spread recipe is delicious on fresh bread topped with beef, onion relish and arugula, or your choice of meat and vegetables.
- Pavlova with Mixed Berries: For a sweet picnic activity, pack a pavlova kit! Made with airy meringues, whipped cream and fresh berries, this delicate dessert is perfect for a springtime celebration.
Hungry for more? Check out our other suggested menus for Springtime Celebrations!