Add some sunshine to your table with this easy DIY sunflower arrangement! The petite clay pot featured here is just the right size for a little pop of color, or you can make a series of arrangements with different messages for extra floral fun!
Add some sunshine to your table with this easy DIY sunflower arrangement! Even decorative pots with drainage holes can be used to make a floral arrangement simply by nesting a smaller glass or cup inside to hold the water. The petite clay pot featured here is just the right size for a little pop of color, or you can make a series of arrangements with different messages for extra floral fun!
- 1 clay pot, 3-inch diameter
- 1 glass or plastic cup that fits in the pot
- 1 bunch of sunflowers (for larger pots, use more flowers!)
- 2 popsicle sticks (or paper word bubble on a stick)
- Ribbon to tie around the pot (optional)
- Fill cup halfway with water and place inside the clay pot.
- Remove any wrapping from around the sunflowers, reserving the rubber band. Gather the stems in your hand to arrange, leaving the center sunflower a bit taller than the four around it.
- Trim sunflower stems down to 3½–4 inches tall, then wrap the rubber band around them to secure.
- Place mini bouquet in the cup of water in the pot. If flowers are too tall, retrim the stems as needed.
- Write a name or message on a popsicle stick. Tape both sticks end to end to give the message stick extra height, then place in arrangement.
- Tie a bow around the pot (if desired) and enjoy!
Want even more floral fun? Get creative and try using different shapes and sizes of containers, and different flowers depending on the season. If your arrangements are on the smaller side, you can even write names on the popsicle sticks and use them as festive floral place cards!