Looking for the perfect present for that special someone? How about a great gift for your holiday host or hostess? Get creative and try your hand at making a DIY gift basket! They’re easy to make with these five simple steps.
Looking for the perfect present for that special someone? How about a great gift for your holiday host or hostess? Get creative and try your hand at making a DIY gift basket! Custom-made gift baskets can be just as fun to give as to receive. Plus they’re easy to make with these five simple steps!
- Choose your theme: Gift baskets are a versatile gift that you can be customized for anyone on your list! Choose a theme like the person’s interests, hobby or tastes to tie the gift together.
- Think outside the basket: Baskets come in all shapes and sizes, but they aren’t the only way to carry a present. Try using a jar, bowl, tote bag or other item that fits the theme to carry the contents.
- Get the goodies: Choose 5 to 10 fun items that fit the theme of your gift basket. If there’s a special star in the group, like a fancy teapot, choose smaller items like tea, cookies and a teacup to complement it!
- Fill ‘er up: Grab some decorative filler as a nest for the goodies. Go traditional with recyclable shredded “grass” basket filler or try a themed alternative, like festive kitchen towel or loofahs.
- It’s a wrap: For the finishing touch, use ribbon or twine to tie on a gift tag and a holiday ornament. Congratulations, you’re done!
Need a little extra inspiration? Check out these themed gift basket ideas:
- Craft Beer Basket: Fill a galvanized tin or tote bag with 3 to 5 craft beers, peanuts and pretzels, using a bar towel as filler. Tie it up with a beer themed ornament or bottle opener and a gift tag.
- Baking Basket: Drape a kitchen towel or pot holders in a mixing bowl and fill with a premade scone mix, locally roasted coffee, jam, spoon and other housewares or utensils perfect for home cooking.
- Spa & Beauty Basket: For a luxurious bath collection, fill up a decorative jar or shower caddy with a loofah, body butter, body wash, scented perfume oils, nail polish and a scented candle. Tie a ribbon around the top for extra flair.
- Foodie Basket: In a small picnic basket, load up two bottles of wine, smoked sausage, bulk nuts and dried fruit. Fill with recyclable paper basket filler or a small picnic blanket.