Delight the mom in your life with a beautifully arranged bouquet of flowers that you create yourself! It’s easy with our step-by-step (or in this case, stem-by-stem) guide.
To get started, you’ll need:
- Bouquet of flowers
- Vase or other container
- Cutting shears or scissors
- Transparent tape
- Your imagination and creativity!
Got everything you need? Let's get started!
- Fill your vase ⅔ full with cool water, then dry the rim.
- Tape off the top of your vase in a grid pattern to make nine empty spaces.
- Prep your flower stems by removing all leaves that fall below the water line.
- Immediately before placing a flower in the vase, make a fresh diagonal cut near the base of the stem—this will ensure the best absorption rates for your flowers.
- Place one or two freshly snipped stems in each of the outer grids, making sure to overlap the base of each stem.
- Fill in the center section, then continue working around the vase. Be sure to vary the height of your blooms, as this adds interest and is more pleasing to the eye.
- If you’re using a variety of different flowers and want a natural look, place the tallest stem slightly off center in the middle space of the grid, arranging the other flowers off that flower’s position.
- As you create your bouquet, rotate the vase and view your progress from all angles.
- Stand back and admire your beautiful bouquet!
Ready to get started? Drop by our floral department to find lovely, fresh cut flowers of all kinds and colors, perfect for your Mother’s Day celebration bouquet.