- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 2–3 minutes PT3M
- 24 pieces
A perfect lower-carb alternative to bruschetta, these zucchini-based canapés topped with Beerenberg's tomato eggplant relish deliver an earthy hit of flavor in a small bite.
- 2 zucchinis, ½-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons Beerenberg "The Mama" Tomato Eggplant Relish
- 6 leaves basil, chiffonade
- 2–3 tablespoons toasted bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon thyme, chopped
Heat a cast iron skillet or heavy-bottomed sauté pan on high heat. Brush both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt. Sear both sides of zucchini in hot pan for 1–2 minutes or until well browned. Remove to paper towel to cool and remove excess moisture.
Top each slice of zucchini with Beerenberg "The Mama" Tomato Eggplant Relish, then basil and bread crumbs.