Recipes Nugget Markets Signature Recipes
Gluten-Free Pizza with Local Toppings
- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- 8 servings
This delightfully easy-to-make pizza is wheat free / gluten free and made with whole grain. This recipe bakes up one 16" gluten-free pizza! Substitute your favorite toppings for a creation all your own. Delicious!
- 1 pkg. Bob's Red Mill Gluten and Wheat Free Pizza Crust Mix -- 16 oz
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 ea. Sweet Onion
- 1 ea. Bartlett Pear
- 3 oz. Point Reyes Blue Cheese
1. Prepare gluten-free pizza dough .
2. While dough is proofing, slice onions and pears.
3. Bake pizza crust according to manufacturer's directions.
4. Heat olive oil in saute pan and add onion; saute over low heat until onion is translucent.
5. Spread sauteed onion on baked pizza crust, then arrange sliced pear over onion.
6. Crumble blue cheese over onion and pear slices and bake in the oven until cheese is melted.
7. Slice and serve!
Techniques used in this recipe:
- julienne: vegetables, potatoes, or other items cut into strips; 1/8-inch square x 1 to 2 inches is standard. Fine julienne is 1/16-inch square.
- sauté: a cooking method in which items are cooked quickly in a small amount of fat in a pan on the range top.
- bake blind
- Partially or completely bake an unfilled pastry crust.
American pale ales generally have a good balance of malt and hops, and often contain slight to moderate fruity notes. Average alcohol by volume: 4.0-7.0%
India Pale Ale
Heavier bodied and much more bitter than their English ancestors, American IPAs have very complex flavors ranging from sweet to citrus, to pine. Average alcohol by volume: 5.5-7.5%
One of the most popular styles of lager beers, Pilsners are very light in color and brewed using noble hops such as Saaz and Hallertauer. Average alcohol by volume: 4.0-5.5%