- Prep time
- 15 minutes + 1 hour marinating
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- 3-4 servings
An easy dinner with some classic Japanese flair.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1¼ cup ounces brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
Remove any excess fat from the chicken thighs.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a work bowl to make the teriyaki sauce and marinade. Whisk until brown sugar is dissolved. Transfer half of the teriyaki sauce to a sauce pot. Marinate chicken with remaining teriyaki sauce for 1 hour.
While chicken is marinating, heat grill to medium-high heat. Season grill with vegetable oil. Drain marinade from chicken bowl and grill each piece for 7-8 minutes per side.
Reduce remaining teriyaki sauce by ¼. Slice chicken thighs into strips, serve with steamed rice and roasted broccoli topped with the reduced teriyaki sauce.