- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 5 to 10 minutes PT5M
- Serves 4
- Tuna Marinade:
- 4 six-ounce portions of Ahi Tuna
- 2 tablespoons fresh course black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup dry or semi-sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small jar of clam juice
- 4 tablespoons whole unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch & 1 tablespoon water mixed together thoroughly)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Let the fish marinate for 20 minutes before grilling. Grill over medium-high direct heat for 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
In a sauce pan add the wine and vinegar and reduce by half. Add the clam juice and reduce ¼ more. Add the slurry to thicken. Finish the sauce with the butter and lemon juice, then adjust the seasoning with the salt and pepper.
Techniques used in this recipe:
reducereduce: to decrease the volume of a liquid by simmering or boiling; used to provide a thicker consistency and/or concentrated flavors. direct heatdirect heat: a method of heat transfer in which heat waves radiate from a source (for example, an open burner or grill) and travel directly to the item being heated with no conductor between heat source and food. Examples are grilling, broiling, and toasting.