- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 25-30 minutes PT30M
- 6-8 servings
This delectable version of the classic macaroni and cheese features five different cheeses from Nugget Markets' Specialty Cheese department.
- 2 ounces plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 ounces flour
- 5 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces Kaltbach Cave Aged Gruyere, grated
- 6 ounces Belgioioso Italian Fontina, grated
- 6 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 4 ounces Bellwether Carmody, grated
- 2 ounces plus ¼ cup Copper Kettle Parmesan, grated
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt 2 ounces butter in a large sauce pot. Add flour and cook over medium heat 2 minutes, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Slowly add 1 cup of the milk at a time; incorporate completely before adding more. Bring milk mixture to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat to low, whisk in cheeses, stir until completely melted, and add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta, mix until well coated. If sauce is too thick, add additional milk in small increments until desired creaminess.
Lay pasta in a baking dish. In a small work bowl, mix panko, rosemary, ¼ cup grated parmesan and 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle panko mixture over the top of the pasta and bake until golden brown and sauce is bubbly, approximately 10 minutes.