- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 25–45 minutes
- 2–4 servings
Our premium cage-free, air-chilled Fresh to Market Chicken only gets better with this flavorful honey glaze and the savory tang of preserved lemon.
- 4 Fresh to Market Chicken Thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons Fresh to Market Local Honey
- ½ Mina Preserved Lemon, cut into wedges then ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 parsnip, cut into 1½-inch sticks
- 2 carrots, cut into 1½-inch sticks
- 1 turnip, cut into 1½-inch sticks
- 1 rutabaga, cut into 1½-inch sticks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ pound spinach
Heat oven to 400°F.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Add ½ of the vegetable oil to an oven-safe sauté pan over medium heat, then place chicken skin-side down and sear for 1–2 minutes. When skin is golden brown, flip chicken over and place entire pan in the oven.
When chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°F, move the pan back to the stove over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme, sauté for 15 seconds, then add chicken stock, honey and preserved lemon. Allow to simmer and continually baste the chicken thighs until the sauce begins to glaze. Transfer to a serving dish and pour glaze over the chicken.
Toss chopped vegetables with the remaining vegetable oil, cinnamon and chili powder, then sauté over medium-high heat. Once caramelized and just tender, add spinach and toss to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.