- Prep time
- 20 minutes + 20 minutes resting
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- 3-4 servings
Enjoy extra meaty Eggplant Parmesan without the gluten by using leftover short ribs and nut-based "bread" crumbs.
- 1 eggplant
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 Fresh to Market Organic Eggs, whipped
- 1½-2 cups gluten-free nut-based "bread" crumbs
- 2-3 ounces vegetable oil
- 4-6 ounces Fresh to Market Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 4-6 ounces braised short ribs (leftover), shredded
- 2-3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 4-6 ounces shredded mozzarella
Slice eggplant into ¾-inch rings. Season each side with salt and let rest for 20 minutes to draw out excess moisture. Pat dry with a paper towel, then dredge in rice flour, dip in egg and coat in nut crumbs.
Heat oven to 400°F.
Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Sauté each breaded eggplant until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel to remove excess oil, then place on a lined baking sheet.
Top each piece with marinara, shredded short ribs, more marinara, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Place in oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.