- Prep time
- 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes resting PT10M
- Cook time
- 20 minutes, plus 20 minutes resting PT20M
- 6–8 servings
Searing the outside of this prized cut gives it a nice, crisp crust, while oven-roasting leaves the meat on the inside tender and juicy.
- 1 Certified Piedmontese picanha top sirloin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Remove the picanha from refrigeration 30 minutes prior to cooking and bring to room temperature. Heat oven to 400°F. Pat the meat dry and score the fat in a ½-inch crisscross pattern, without cutting into the meat.
Heat a heavy-bottomed, oven-safe pan to medium-high heat. Season the picanha with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Add the vegetable oil to the hot pan and sear the picanha, fat-side down until well browned. Carefully turn over and sear the other side for 1 minute.
Place the entire pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 135°F. Remove from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before carving against the grain.