- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
Three different sauce preparations give these fried potatoes their zing—you can adjust your use of the ghost pepper sauce in this recipe based on your tolerance for spice.
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 3–4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ cup Fresh to Market Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2–3 drops ghost pepper sauce
- ¼ cup Crema Mexicana
- 1 lime, zested and juiced, divided
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Blanch potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
Heat oil for frying to 350°F.
Mix together half the enchilada sauce with the sour cream and ghost pepper sauce. Mix together the Crema Mexicana with half of the lime zest and juice. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce and the remaining lime zest and juice.
Fry the potatoes in the hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel and toss with the enchilada sauce and lime juice mixture. Season with salt, to taste. Place in serving bowl and drizzle the other two sauces over the top. Garnish with grated cotija and chopped cilantro.