- Prep time
- 20 minutes, plus 15 minutes marinating
- Cook time
- 8–10 minutes
- 4 servings
Grill masters will love this salad, which bathes charred radicchio and endive in a citrusy vinaigrette. Finish things off with tart cherries and crumbled goat cheese for a perfect, flavor-packed dish.
- 2 heads radicchio, cut into sixteenths
- 3 heads Belgian endive, halved
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 bunch tarragon, chopped
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 pound cherries, halved and pitted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Combine the radicchio and endive in a work bowl. Add the balsamic vinegar and ¼ cup olive oil and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill radicchio and endive until just charred, about one minute per side. Remove from grill, arrange on a platter or sheet pan in a single layer, and place in refrigerator to cool.
Combine orange and lemon juices and zests in a small sauce pot. Reduce by half and cool to room temperature. Whisk in the chopped herbs and remaining olive oil to make the vinaigrette.
Remove the cores from the grilled endive and radicchio. Combine the radicchio, endive, arugula and cherries in a large work bowl. Toss with desired amount of vinaigrette and season to taste. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese.