- Prep time
- 30 minutes PT30M
- Cook time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- 4 servings
Make our meat department’s pre-marinated skirt steak a meal with flavorful sautéed veggies and rice noodles.
- 1½ pounds Nugget Markets’ Thai Marinated Skirt Steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Fresno chili, sliced into thin rings
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 onion, julienned
- 4 carrots, 1½-inch bias cut
- ½ red bell pepper, 1½-inch bias cut
- ⅓ cup fermented black bean garlic sauce
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 6 ounces rice noodles, cooked, chilled and lightly oiled
- ½ cup scallions, bias cut, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
Heat oven to 400°F. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Drain the skirt steak, reserving the marinade. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and sear the steak on 1 side until well browned—be careful not to let it burn, as there is sugar in the marinade.
Flip the steak over and place the whole pan in the oven for 5–7 minutes for medium, or to your desired degree of doneness. When steak is done, remove from oven and transfer to a plate to rest.
Wipe the pan of any debris, then add the sesame oil along with the garlic, ginger and Fresno chili. Place over medium-high heat and sauté for 10–15 seconds. Add the broccoli, onion, carrots and bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the black bean sauce and stir to combine. Add the beef stock along with any reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Add the noodles, stir to incorporate and cook until the noodles are heated through.
To serve, slice the skirt steak, place on top of the noodles and vegetables, then garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.