- Prep time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- Cook time
- 1 hour 15 minutes PT15.016666666667M
- 8 servings
A favorite for St. Patrick's Day, traditional colcannon potatoes bring a festive green hue to the table with shredded kale and green onions mixed into creamy mash.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ cup butter, melted, plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup heavy cream, warmed
- 2 cups lacinato kale, shredded
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced thin
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place potatoes on a lined baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Peel and pass through a food mill while still very hot. Fold in the butter, cream, kale and green onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top warm potatoes with a generous pat of butter.