- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 6–8 minutes PT8M
- 2 servings
Luxuriously tender and topped with a flavorful herbed butter, these Fresh to Market Grass-Fed Filets make a lovely choice for any special occasion.
- ¼ pound butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, sliced fine
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 Fresh to Market Grass-Fed Filet Steaks (6–8 ounces each, 1½–2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a work bowl, combine butter, garlic, tarragon, parsley, chives, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and lemon zest. Mix until evenly incorporated, and then set aside at room temperature.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the steaks with a paper towel to dry, and season both sides with salt and pepper as desired. Add the vegetable oil to the pan and sear the steaks 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
After the second side is seared, turn heat to medium-low and add half of the herb butter to the pan. Once the butter has melted and begins to foam, baste the steaks by spooning the melted butter over the top for 10–15 seconds, then remove steaks to a plate to rest.
Top steaks with an additional tablespoon of herb butter and let rest 10 minutes before serving.