- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 7–10 minutes PT10M
- 2 servings
A meal in and of itself, this fantastic fried rice comes together quickly thanks to our Kitchen's chef-prepared pork. Serve with fried plantains for the full experience!
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon chopped oregano
- 2–4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2½ ounces Nugget Markets 24-Hour Pork, shredded
- 8 shrimp (31-40), peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, small diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, small diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, small diced
- ½ jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 package cooked white rice (about 2 cups)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- ¼–½ teaspoon vinegar-based hot sauce, or to taste
- Oil, for frying
- 1 plantain, cut into¼-inch slices
Mix all the spices and oregano in a small work bowl and set aside.
Heat a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pan. When just beginning to smoke, add the pork in a single layer and let crisp for 30–45 seconds.
Dry shrimp on a paper towel and toss with 1½ teaspoons of the spice mix. Add seasoned shrimp to the pan with the pork and sauté until just cooked through, about 45 seconds. Remove pork and shrimp to a work bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan, then add the minced garlic. Sauté for 10 seconds, then add all the remaining vegetables except the peas. Sauté for 1–2 minutes, then remove to the same bowl as the pork and shrimp.
Add remaining vegetable oil to the pan and then add the rice. Spread into an even layer and allow to lightly brown. Make a well in the center and add the eggs. Scramble eggs into the rice. When eggs are cooked, add the vegetable and pork mixture along with the peas and toss together. Season with soy sauce and hot sauce to taste.
Place fried rice in a serving bowl and then fry the plantains in 350°F oil until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain plantains on a paper towel and toss with spice mix. Serve with the fried rice.