- Prep time
- 35-45 minutes PT45M
- Cook time
- 50 minutes PT50M
- 6 cups
Go wild with this wild rice pilaf, complete with baby green beans and toasted pecans. Pairs deliciously with duck or pork.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup wild rice
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, minced
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked white pepper
- 1 cup baby green beans
Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Add wild rice and onion and sauté stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
Add liquid and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add long-grain rice, turn heat to low, give one last stir and cook covered for 30 minutes. While rice is cooking, bring a 2 quart sauce pot of water to a boil. Cut green beans into 1 1/2 inch lengths. Add 2 tablespoons of salt to the boiling water. Blanch greens beans in the boiling salted water until just tender, approximately 45 to 60 seconds. When beans are cooked, shock in ice water to stop the cooking and preserve the bright green color. After 30 minutes, check rice for doneness. Fluff rice with a fork and fold in blanched green beans and all remaining ingredients.
- <strong>zest:</strong> colored part of the peel of citrus fruit which contains flavorful oils.