- Prep time
- 5 Minutes PT0
- Cook time
- N/A PT0
- 4 Drinks
Try our recipe for Micheladas, also know as Red Eyes or Red Beer. You’ll enjoy this weekend favorite just as much as your favorite brew.
- lime wedges, for garnish
- celery salt or plain salt, for garnish
- 8 oz. tomato juice
- 2 limes, juiced (about ⅓ cup juice)
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ -½ teaspoon Tabasco or preferred hot sauce
- 2, 12 oz. bottles or cans of beer (Modelo Especial is ideal)
- several handfuls of ice cubes
Prepare the glasses: rub the rims of four tall glasses with the lime wedges, then coat the rims with either celery or plain salt.
In a bowl or measuring cup, combine the tomato juice, lime juice, celery salt, Worcestershire and Tabasco (or desired hot sauce) and mix well. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Add a handful of ice to each of the prepared glasses; divide the red juice mixture into four and parts and pour into the glasses. Top up the glasses with half a bottle of beer each, then garnish with a lime wedge.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- coat: to sprinkle food with, or dip it into, egg, flour, chocolate, sauce, etc.