- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- 6–8 servings
When you prep these carrots for the glaze, slice them on the bias to make perfect, bite-sized portions full of flavor.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch oblique pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add carrots and stir. Cover and cook for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar, mustard, salt and parsley, stirring to coat carrots. Serve warm.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- If you are slicing a round object, cut a slice from the bottom to make it lie firmly. Use the pointed end of a chef's knife to puncture the skin and make the first cut. Hold the object being sliced with your fingers bent and cut vertical slices to the desired thickness. With each slice, move your fingers back to the width of the next slice. Dont cut yourself!
- panfry: a cooking method in which items are cooked in deep fat in a skillet over medium heat; this generally involves more fat than sauteing or stir-frying but less than deep-frying.