- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
This simple fall recipe is an unexpectedly delicious combination of textures and flavors sure to become one of your seasonal favorites!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced large (approximately 2½ cups)
- 1 celery stalk, medium diced
- 1 yellow onion, medium diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 Granny Smith apples, large diced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and salt and cook for 5-7 minutes, until squash is tender.
Melt remaining butter in small pot, remove from heat, add breadcrumbs and stir. Add apples to squash mixture and cook an additional 5-7 minutes.
Transfer contents of pan to prepared baking dish and top with buttered crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden.