- Prep time
- 20 minutes PT20M
- Cook time
- 2 servings
This refreshing salad contrasts the peppery arugula and the bitterness of the endive with the sweet-tart apple and crunchy sweet walnut.
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Fresh to Market Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 Belgian endive, chopped
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled and julienne*
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons glazed walnuts
In a small metal bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, and half of the lime juice. Set aside. In a large metal bowl, combine endive, apple and arugula. Toss with reserved dressing, garnish with glazed walnuts and serve.
*When cutting the apples into a julienne, place slices into cold water mixed with half of the juiced lime to keep slices from turning brown (known as acidulating).