- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 servings
This silky soup is creamy and rich, with spectacular flavor from caramelized roasted cauliflower.
- 2 heads fresh cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine cauliflower florets, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper and mix to coat cauliflower. Spread cauliflower evenly onto baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and caramelized.
While the cauliflower is roasting, combine onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme and garlic in medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are soft. Set aside.
When cauliflower is done, remove from oven and add to onion mixture along with broth, cream, vinegar and nutmeg. With immersion blender, blend mixture together until very smooth. Slowly reheat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.