- Prep time
- 30-35 minutes
- Cook time
- 25-35 minutes
- 8 servings
Get warm and cozy with homemade turkey pot pie—the perfect comfort food!
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- ½ pound yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound baby carrots, diced
- ¼ pound (about 4 ribs) celery, diced
- ½ pound frozen peas
- ½ pound red potatoes, small diced
- 1 pound cooked turkey, medium diced
- 1 cup flour
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, ground
- 8 pre-made pie shells, 5-inch
- 8 tablespoons egg wash
- 1 sheet puff pastry
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat and add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add peas, potatoes, turkey and flour and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and stir gently to combine. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, until mixture is thick and potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Fill pie shells with pot pie filling. Top with 1/8 sheet puff pastry each and crimp the edges of the pie shell by pinching them together with your thumbs. Repeat along the edge of the pie shell until entirely sealed.
Brush with the egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.