- Prep time
- 30–45 minutes
- Cook time
- 25 minutes
- 6–8 servings
Brussels sprouts are even better with bacon (or in this case, crispy pancetta), and these get an extra kick from Pecorino Romano cheese and toasty pine nuts.
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced small
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Blanch Brussels sprouts in boiling water for approximately 45 seconds, then drain and set aside. Fry pancetta in canola oil until crispy, then toss with sprouts.
Spread mixture on baking sheet and roast for 15–20 minutes, until slightly charred. Toss with extra virgin olive oil, then finish with shredded Pecorino Romano, salt, pepper and toasted pine nuts.