- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- 25–30 minutes PT30M
- 4 servings
Both nutritious and delicious, this fish dinner is full of fantastic flavor thanks to the poaching liquid, potatoes and homemade dill sauce.
Dill Crème Fraîche:
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- 8 ounces crème fraîche
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped (no stems)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 ounce black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon, sliced into rings
- 4 salmon fillets (8 ounces each)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
To make the dill crème fraîche, combine chopped dill, crème fraîche and salt to taste, then refrigerate.
For the potatoes, toss quartered potatoes with oil, salt and pepper, then roast for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown. When done, remove from oven and toss with chopped parsley.
While the potatoes are roasting, combine the rest of the ingredients (except the salmon) in a 6-quart pot and bring to a simmer. Let poaching liquid simmer 15 minutes, then immerse salmon and poach for 10–12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 145°F.
Serve salmon on roasted potatoes with dill crème fraîche.