- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 8–10 minutes PT10M
- 4 servings
It’s hard to go wrong with this light, healthy and simple preparation. You, too, can be lord of the halibut!
- 4 halibut fillets (8 ounces each)
- 4 sheets of parchment paper (12 x 28 inches)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 8 ounces red bell pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces red onion, julienned
- 8 ounces celery, julienned
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place one halibut fillet onto one half a parchment paper sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with 2 ounces of each vegetable for a total of 8 ounces of veggies. Fold the other half of the parchment over and crimp the open side from one end to the other, working clockwise, to create a sealed pouch, or "papillote." Repeat for each fillet.
Bake papillotes for 10-12 minutes or until a probe thermometer placed into the thickest part of the fillet reads 145°F.
Place packet on plate, tear open top and serve immediately.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- julienne: vegetables, potatoes, or other items cut into strips; 1/8-inch square x 1 to 2 inches is standard. Fine julienne is 1/16-inch square.