- Prep time
- 5 minutes PT5M
- Cook time
- 10 minutes PT10M
- 2 servings
Eggs are a quality protein that can easily be incorporated into almost any meal. This dish is a great example of how to get proteins, healthy grains and vegetables all in one meal.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, oregano, etc.)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chicken or tofu, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup pre–cooked veggies or fresh greens (such as arugula, spinach, etc.).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh tomato slices or cherry tomatoes for topping
- Asiago cheese
Combine all ingredients except tomatoes and Asiago cheese. Pour into a sprayed or oiled non–stick skillet and cook over medium–low heat until eggs are just about set (9 to 10 minutes). Top with tomato slices or cherry tomatoes and Asiago cheese, and cover skillet. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 2 minutes before serving.