- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 8-10 minutes
- 2-4 servings
Brimming with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, these roasted portobello mushrooms are easy, elegant and delicious.
- 2 small portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint fresh mozzarella, ciliegine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4 sprigs basil, chiffonade
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Gill and stem portobello mushrooms, then coat mushroom caps with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
Toss halved tomatoes and cheese with salt and pepper and remaining extra virgin olive oil, then fill mushroom caps with mixture.
Place stuffed mushrooms onto a roasting rack in the center of the oven (for best results use a convection oven). Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese and tomatoes are golden brown.
Sprinkle basil chiffonade on cooked mushrooms before serving.