- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Cook time
- 5 minutes
- 2-4 servings
Deep-fried avocado adds a crispy and creamy decadence to this zesty south of the border snack.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, small diced
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- ½ yellow onion, small diced
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ¼ small green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ small red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle, jalapeño in adobo, pureed
- 3 cups canola oil
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt, then set aside to chill in fridge.
Whisk together olive oil and vinegar, the toss with shredded cabbages.
Combine mayonnaise and chipotle puree to create chipotle aioli.
Heat oil in medium pot to 350° F.
Peel, seed and halve avocado. Dust avocado halves in flour, dip in beaten egg and coat evenly with panko bread crumbs. Deep-fry until golden brown.
Place dressed cabbage onto plate, then top with warm avocado halves. Fill avocados with pico de gallo and drizzle with chioptle aioli.