- Prep time
- 20 minutes
- Cook time
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
Bold flavors of artichoke, olive, lemon and basil team up to make this light but satisfying dish a Mediterranean masterpiece!
- 8 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 true cod fillets, 5 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 14 baby artichoke hearts, blanched and grilled
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs basil, chiffonade
Parboil fingerling potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside. Evenly season cod fillets with salt and pepper.
Heat large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to hot pan and when it smokes, add fillets. Sauté cod until browned, about 2–3 minutes, then gently flip and sauté for another 2–3 minutes, until cooked through. Remove fish from pan and hold in a warm oven.
To the same pan, add potatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, lemon juice, lemon zest and tomatoes and sauté for 2–3 minutes. Add fresh basil and serve alongside the cod.